People are always wondering how to clean mould growth on ceiling or bathroom walls. Generally, ceiling or bathroom mould removal is like any other kind of mould removal. If you know how to clean mould from the walls, you will have little trouble with cleaning mould growth on ceiling or bathroom walls. However, if you are dealing with an area larger than 10 square foot, hire a professional. They will know how to clean mould in the ceiling thoroughly and can check to make sure you don’t have mould elsewhere. Whether you do it yourself or hire a professional, when you find ceiling or bathroom mould, remove it right away. Before removing mould, it’s important to know what type of mould you’re dealing with. You can either call a professional to collect samples for you or you could collect
samples yourself and save money. In case you are not sure on how to clean mould seek professional advice. Below is a procedure you could use for collecting samples of visible mould.
To get a sample of mould is very easy. The cheapest (and most effective) way is to use clear scotch tape. The procedure for sampling for mould using scotch tape is as follows:
- Cut 2-3 inches of clear scotch tape
- Holding the tape by the edges, stick the tape onto the surface you wish to test for black mold
- Press the tape gently and then peel of the tape
- Again holding the tape by the edges, stick the tape flat on a plastic bag (e.g., zip lock bag)
- On a piece of paper, provide the information regarding the sample. For example from where the sample was collected (wall, ceiling, baseboard, carpet) and whether from the kitchen, bathroom, bedroom, etc.
- Put the sample and its information in another bag.
- If taking another sample, repeat the same procedure.
For more information on how to sample for mould or how to clean mould and where to send the samples, click http://www.moldbacteria.com/moldtesting_for_homeowners.html or call 905-290-9101 to have your questions answered.