The Mould Facts (MF) do it yourself mold test kits are designed to help you detect molds that may be in your home or office. The MF do it yourself mold test kits:
- detect and identify hundreds of different types of molds including those that are a health hazard,
- are highly accurate in measuring mold concentration levels in your indoor environment, even if there are no visible signs of mold or mildew,
- are easy to use and the tests can be completed in less than an hour depending on the size of your home or the number of samples you wish to collect,
- come with clear step-by-step instructions on how to collect the mold samples,
- are the same mold test kits used by indoor air quality professionals, building inspectors and environmental consultants.
The prices include MF mold test kits, laboratory analysis and test report (i.e., no hidden lab fees) and shipping costs. Samples are analyzed by Mold & Bacteria Consulting Laboratories at their British Columbia or in Ontario location. The laboratory report is easy to understand and clearly shows the type of mold that was identified (and amounts, where applicable) and health effects where known.
While do it yourself mold test kits are meant to save you money, never be tempted to buy those $10 mold testing kits from stores and online. If you do some research you will find that mold will always grow in those test dishes within 48 hours, no matter what. Those kits are a waste of money and you should either use a qualified laboratory to help you with the analysis of the samples and interpretation of results or hire someone qualified to come and check out your house or office for you. Mold is everywhere! It’s the types and the amount of mold present in your home that matters and only a reputable laboratory can advise you whether you have something to worry about or not.