This is actually not a true mold. It is called slime mold. You may have heard people talk of “dog’s vomit” appearing in their gardens on bark mulch or wood chips. It’s this slime mold. Apart from the unsightly appearance, it’s considered harmless.
You are here: / / I work at a childcare Center and have just discovered bright orange mold, or fungi ( almost a hot pink color) growing in and through the bark mulch we have outside on the playground. It is the first time I have ever seen any like this and am trying to identify it and/or remedy the situation. We have removed any spots we can see along with the surrounding bark but would like to know if you have any ideas as to what it is?